10.10.2016

Explore the World


Are you ready for a brand new SSS Monday Challenge?


It's a little bit about summer memories cause the theme is

EXPLORE THE WORLD

and the summer is the most popular time for travelling, right?
I'm sure you can interpretate this theme in a milion ways so join us!

As always you can be a lucky winner of $50 and spend it at SSS Store!


Here is my canvas. I have to admit I really like the result. 
I am not too much at gold and even don't like golden jewellery but since I bought the double shaded Opal Magic Acrylic Paints, I use them a lot as for me! Well this is exactly what  love in crafting - discovering myself :-)


First I cover the canvas with the Clear Gesso and applied some Texture Paste through the Prima Grungy Grid stencil. Then I colored the background with Distress Inks, Stains and Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays. I decided to ude blue, green and yellow for my background. I spritzed it with Ground Espresso Distress Spray. Stamped randomly some text over the entire surface with Jet Black Ink and applied sentiments from diferent Rubons by Tim Holtz Idea-ology and apllied some Crackled Paste on the edges and finished with adhering a twine. 


Now for the main element of my canvas: one of my favorite dies a Globe by Sizzix! I cut it out from a solid cardboard, covered with Gesso, add some Rubons text, touched with Distress Crayons, covered with Crackle Paste and smeared with Opal Magic Violet-Gold Acrylic Paint. The same was made with the Townscape die, except the crackle medium.  






Supplies: