08.05.2017

A Frame Up



If it's Monday it's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge time
and this week it calls  A FRAME UP


Remember that every week we can be a random winner 
of $50 voucher and spend it at Simon Says Stamp Store 
which has absolutely everything! 


I have some pretty frame dies at my craft room, chipboard frames,
frame stamps and so on but I decided to make my own frame 
out of die-cutting leftovers I never throw away due to this kind of days 
when I have some crazy creative ideas. 


Here below you will find some pics of how I made my frame:


I took some leftovers after the Townscape and Postage Stamp die-cutting 
and since I love Sizzix heavy duty dies cause they can cut in very heavy cardboards, my pieces were perfectly thick to give dimension and texture.
I placed them on a cardstock with Gel Medium, covered with gesso and
gave a layer of Grit Paste to get more texture on the edges.


I colored the edges softly with Prima Oil Pastel (blue) 
and started to play with two Infusions: In The Navy and Royal Blood. 
When the color was pretty saturated, I covered it with a very thin 
layer of gesso applying it with a dry brush.I love this technique on a textured surfaces cause it highlights every uneven detail perfectly.
Finally I smeared Nuvo Pure Platinum Mousse to give brillance and gloss. 







Products used:


 

14 komentarzy:

  1. Fabulous panel Macarena! I love how you used offcuts to create the textured background! the whole design of this makes me happy!! LOVE it <3

    luv
    Lols x x x

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. WOW Macarena...that is such a creative way to make the frame and I love how you chieved such beautiful texturing!! Simply fabulous !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Wow, Macarena! The texture and creation of your frame is awesome! I love the big bright pop of those flowers against the background. So beautiful!

    Cathie ♥

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Simple message, amazing texture and wonderful colors, Macarena! Love the spring feel, and the frame you created is fabulous!! Maura

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. STUNNING! Love how you layered!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. Macarena, Love the idea of making your own die cut frames. Amazing texture and wonderful colors. It"s fa-blouse!! Now this is something very special, My with heart, Love everything. Thank you for sharing.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. That frame is so clever Macarena! What a great way to use those leftover pieces and it turned out so cool. Love the flowers too.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Wow! This is such a creative piece! I love how you created the frame with scraps and how you gave it so many layers. I've never seen anything quite like it and I enjoyed the way you thought so far out of the box on this one. The color palette, too, is lovely!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Love...love...LOVE your frame, that is genius and I adore the project you've created, there is so much detail and interest and that pink really pops against the background! Gorgeous work, Marzena... <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. gorgeous project Macarena...love those flowers and how clever to make your frame from left over die cuts...hugs kath xxx

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Love how you made the flowers! The frame is perfect and the pink was such a clever choice! Well done!! I adore your project!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. Wow... this is such a gorgeous piece! Macarena. The texture and the flowers are fabulous. n:)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. Every week you amaze me with you projects! this is one of my favourite of yours! love the contrast of colors and all the textures you've created! The use of this die to create the frame is absolutely clever! barbara

    OdpowiedzUsuń