24.07.2017

Home Sweet Home



Hello there in the middle of the summer! 
Here we come with a brand new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week we'd like to see YOU'VE GOT THE EDGE!



As always you could be a random winner of a $50 voucher 
and spend it in Simon Says Stamp Store



My today's card is a Home Sweet Home card 
with edges made with Pipelines die which I thought would be perfect 
for a home/house theme card. 
Here below I wrote steps I took to make it. 


1. I took a watercolor paper, TH Mosaic stencil and Distress blue inks.
I colored the stencil with distress pads randomly and sprayed with water.
Then I placed the stencil onto the card leaving a negative pattern. 
I really love this technique and use it a lot making my backgrounds. 
Then I die cut the sentiment and placed underneath a paper 
colored with SSS Schoolhouse Red Ink. 

2. I die cut TH Sizzix Pipelines die from a heavy cardboard and applied a thin layer of gesso first and then gave the texture by touching the pieces with a brush and solid quantity of gesso. Left for drying. 

3. I blended the Distress Black Soot on the pieces and finished them with Nuvo Mousse to give this silver shiny effect. I placed all the pieces with Gel Medium. 

4. The houses were cut with Townscape On The Edge Bigz die
and colored with SSS Schoolhouse Red Ink. 
After that I covered them with layer of Crackle Texture Paste 
and then again with the red ink.