30.10.2017

All Creatures Great And Small



If it's Monday it's also time for SSS Monday Challenge!
This week it's all about 

ALL CREATURES GREAT/SMALL


As always there is a $50 voucher waiting for one random winner 
who could spend it in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I decided to focus on a creatures which I really love and admire.
(Thanks, Sandra for remember me about butterflies!) 
I built the background with them and placed one as a focal point. 
Take a look at some close-ups and step by step pics.


With this card I was totally experimenting with my new Prima Sparks
and I have to say I really like them for the shimmer and shine.



1. Cut out several butterflies and adhere them randonly to the base. 
2. Cover the whole surface with Prima Sparks Butterfly Spells 
(you see! even the paint name is all about butterflies!)
3. Apply Prima Sparks Raven Black only on butterflies 
and smudge with a baby wipe. 
4. Match the butterflies' edges ith Prima Oil Black Crayon.


5. Since my experimenting was going too much into a Halloween mood, I decided to cover all the surface with a thin layer of white gesso 
using a dry brush technique. I loved the effect of a soft grey.
6. Colored some edges of the wings with Magenta Prima Oil Crayon.
7. Splashed white, pink and black Dylusions Paints 
8. Stamped randomly Kaisercraft stamp with fancy font words
9. Covered bigger oval (thanks, Sandra!) with Raven Black Sparks 
and the smaller with Butterfly Spells Sparks.




Products used: