9.04.2018

Adventure Awaits



Hi there and join us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
This week we are getting ispired by 

MYTH or FABLE or STORY


As always you can win a $50 voucher and spend it


That was a hard challenge, to be honest. 
I am not too good at myths, fairies, fables, etc.
That is why I decided to stick to a true story I saw a few days ago. 
It's Captain Philips the story which was cinematized and is based 
on a true story which totally affected me. 
The main role is amazingly played by Tom Hanks 
and I really recommend to everyone who haven't seen it yet. 


I made a canvas (the back side) transormed into a shadow box with 
a marine scene (I really love sea projects!) with lots of layers.

For my waves I took some negative leftovers from a Sizzix Bigz Die, 
the pattern matched perfectly the shape of  waves!
I covered them with a thick layer og white gesso and heated until it bubbled.
The pieces were sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and put aside.


I covered my canvas with white gesso, added modeling paste
through two TH stencils and sprayed several shades of blue and teal
by Lindy's Stamp Gang and TH Picket Fence spray.
Finally I smeared the peacked parts with Nuvo Mousse. 


For my boats I used the wooden pieces which go together with canvas.
I glued two of them, covered with gesso, sprayed with TH Candied Apple
and covered with SSS Clear Embossing Powder. 
I gave them names with TH Rubs, added masts made with a stick 
and a sail made with a piece of fabric from my stash.
The lovely fishnet and sticks I received from Kasia (thank you so much!)






Products used: